Monday, August 1, 2011

August Mug Shots & Muffins

The mugs I'm using for August have an oriental design in blue and yellow.
 I bought them on super sale years ago when the Garden Ridge store near me closed.
They had matching dinner and salad plates too.
 Spent less for these pretties than some people spend on disposables.
Paper napkins and coffee filters are kept handy in
 Longaberger baskets with classic blue and white
fabric liners.
A blue pottery tea pot and creamer sit on a very old
 bread board that was from my Mother's kitchen.
 It's a fun cheerful pattern for summer.
 Change of heart 
gets a birdhouse wood ornament for August.
My blackboard memo board hangs below the heart.
Of course there's a muffin-of-the-month!
These are Orange Sunshine Muffins.
A little treat for afternoon tea or coffee.
Cheers!


(To see my other mug shots, just type in mug shots
in the search bar.)

Links: Dittle Dattle, Between Naps On The Porch,
Coastal Charm, A Stroll Thru Life

9 comments:

  1. Hi Rita! Oh, your little cups and all look so sweet and I'll take one of those muffins.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blue and yellow is my favorite color combination. So pretty. The muffins look yummy, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I want to steal away all the blue cups and the teapot. One of my favorite songs to play on the piano is "There's a Summer Place". Been playing it for at least 40 yrs!
    Thanks,
    Beckie in Brentwood, TN

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blue of your mugs and pottery is SO pretty! The muffins look so good too! Thanks for the recipe, I will make them! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  5. One muffin, please! The mug set is adorable! Visiting from NTT!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, I want a muffin right now with the green tea I'm having! Gorgeous cups with blue and yellow, I just love this combo Rita. Thanks for the recipe and for all the ones I get on the mail, I love, love them! Beautiful post. Just dropped from Marty's TTT. Hugs, FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok, now my mouth is drooling all over the place. The muffine sound and look devine. I love your mugs and the tea and coffee corner. That is such a great idea and it all looks so pretty. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi lovely lady.
    I love your sweet post.. The Muffine look so good !!! I will have one also. Im your newest follower on your lovely Blog. I hope you can come over and follow my Tablescapes. I hope you have a great week with your family.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete