Sunday, March 10, 2013

A Little LUCK

Another horseshoe project!
A little LUCK sign.
 I used two horseshoes about the same size.
Before and after cleaning.
 The left one has been cleaned and
 rubbed with mineral oil.
 I get 2 letters with these: a U and a C.
 Found this piece of wood in the garage and
 rubbed it down with mineral oil.
 It gives it just enough of a finish and
 conditions the wood.
 I chose a font to go with the horseshoes.
 Lucida Handwriting in size 375.
 I printed the letters using the outline setting.
I used carbon paper to traced the outline. 
 I filled it in with a black Sharpie.
We attached another horseshoe to 
the back for hanging. Not a lot of work or
skill required and no cost...lucky me!

Cheers!

6 comments:

  1. How cute and clever is this. I love it. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Rita May!
    I love horse shoes for luck. Very smart ideas. Have a nice week.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, that is too cute. I have a hobby farm and we have horses and they have shoes or had cause now I need them! I am visiting from Met Monday. So glad I did. I am your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you for being this creative! Love the sign.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How clever to use horse shoes!!! Love it! Hope you can stop by the enchanted oven.
    xo,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete