Monday, November 10, 2014

Make A Fall Pinecone Garland

Larry has finally given up asking me 
"Do we need more pinecones?"
I found these on the ground near a 
Walgreens parking lot in Alpharetta, GA.
I'm going to make a simple pinecone garland.
 Jute, a glue gun, and lots of glue sticks.
 Put a glop of glue into the bottom
 indentation of the pinecones
 Bend the twine and put the bent end into 
the glue. You'll need to hold it there a few 
minutes until the glue takes hold.
 I spaced them about 3-1/2 to 4 inches apart.
Start at the ends, then the center, then
continue to center to evenly space. 
 Let the glue completely dry.
 This method lets the pinecones hang straight.
Once dry I decided to embellish the garland.
I tied on random scraps of fabric and ribbon.
Tear about 1-1/2" to 2" wide and about 10" long.
 I can remove the fall fabric/ribbon and
 replace it with something Christmassy
next month.
I keep old clothes that I can use to repurpose
the fabric for crafts in a wicker hamper. 
 These are the Fall colors.
 This garland will work for months through
Fall, Halloween, Thanksgiving,
Christmas, and wintery January. 
That's a lot of bang for no bucks!
My leftover pinecones, because you
can never have too many!
Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great idea! Love it when you use items like these! (By the way, my daughter lives in Alpharetta. Small world!)

    Blessings,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea to keep your spare "pieces" in the hamper... my mom had a "rag bag" and would often direct us to get something out of her rag bag when she was sewing something for the house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous garland! You can never have too many pine cones! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your right you can never have too many pine cones! I like your idea for the hamper...but there is not room to place one in the Charmer. I have to put dirty clothes in tub and then carry to the dungeon! So wish I could use them!

    ReplyDelete