Thursday, April 7, 2016

Using My Longaberger Baskets!

If you've been a visitor to my blog you've
probably noticed my Longaberger basket
collection at work, my very large collection
of Longaberger. Anyone that been a sales
 rep knows what I'm talking about.
I was my own best customer!. 
Here are some baskets at work in my house.
The stack of baskets at the end of the counter
are great extra storage.
This stack of baskets holds extra picnic
supplies, like paper plates, utensils, as well as
the seasonal fabric liners for these baskets.
I always have cocktail napkins in 
this small berry basket. They rotate
with the seasons. 
Paper napkins are handy in a large
berry basket
 Salt & Pepper at the table.
 Remotes, reading glasses, pens, scissors, 
pad of paper are kept handy on the
family room end table. 
 This one holds my chalk and eraser.
 Oils, vinegars, and a few essentials.
 The items in this basket change often.
 I have 2 small baskets hanging on a cabinet
 knob below the drinking glass cabinet. 
 They work great as a drink caddy/coaster. 
It insulates and keeps the ice and drink 
colder twice as long. #science #fact
It also protects table surfaces. 
I have little engraved brass splint tags
so that Larry and I can keep track of 
who's drink is who's. 
 The hall tree leading out to the garage has
 baskets for everything we need when we 
come and go; sunglasses, keys, wallet, etc.
 "It's in the basket" is the answer to most of
the "where is_____?" question. Although that 
usually doesn't narrow down the search. 
A recipe basket for my hand written cards.
I have fabric liners for summer, fall,
Halloween, and Christmas. Most of
my basket get a 'wardrobe' change
for the seasons.
The basket on top of the dryer in the 
laundry room holds dryer sheets.
The antique chamber pot is used to 
hold dry detergent or Borax.
A cup hook under the cabinet hold a small
basket filled with clothespins.
 Tissue basket...I think there's one
in every room.
 Bread basket used here for hand towels.
 Basket filled with small guest hand towels.
But, I also use them for fun. 
They are so pretty and such a classic look.
Here we are all set for a canoe ride on the 
lake behind our house. I'm using the picnic 
basket and wine tote. I've used the medium
 garters many times for different accents
 around the brim of my straw hats. 
Baskets...love looking at them and 
love using them. 

Cheers!

5 comments:

  1. You have done a very good job of showcasing your Longabergers...as well as making them useful... One of my sisters-in-law has a ton of baskets but hers are all out just for show. Do you make any of your liners?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Wonderful ways to use your baskets! I love Longabergers!! Some of these I've never seen before!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful, I dearly love how you are showcasing your baskets by using them. Please consider opening a fb group that actually shares ideas. There are several groups that sell but so many of us have extensive collection and we need fresh ideas. Of course you could sell there too but many of us have lost our amazing consultants and are misplaced at here alone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your collection of Longaberger baskets. I have a few and also use them to store all kinds of things and keep everything neat and tidy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your style. Was showing someone at work what Longaberger is and how useful the baskets are as well as decorative and your blog was one of the "images" when I googled it. Really enjoy your sensibilities. thanks for sharing.
    Pam Baker

    ReplyDelete